Sweet and Salty Caramel Mousse Cups
Sweet 'N Salty Caramel Mousse Cups
2 cups (500 mL) mini pretzel twists
5 tbsp (75 mL) butter, melted
1/3 cup (75 mL) powdered sugar
1 bar (1.4 oz/40 g) milk chocolate English toffee candy
½ cup (125 mL) caramel sauce, divided
6 oz (175 g) cream cheese, softened
½ cup (150 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Spray cups of Deluxe Mini Muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Finely crush pretzels in large resealable plastic bag using Measure-All® Cup. Mix pretzels, butter and sugar in Classic Batter Bowl.
3. Spoon about 1 heaping tbsp (15 mL) of pretzel mixture into each cup of pan. Press down using lightly floured Mini-Tart Shaper to form indentations. Bake 6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop candy bar using Food Chopper. Measure ¼ cup (50 mL) of the caramel sauce into a resealable plastic bag; twist bag and set aside.
5. For filling, mix cream cheese, remaining caramel sauce and chopped candy in same batter bowl. Stir in whipped topping until blended. Set aside.
5. Place paper towels underneath Stackable Cooling Rack. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack; let stand 2 minutes.
6. Loosen edges of crusts (see Cook's Tip); remove crusts from pan to cooling rack.
7. Spoon filling into another small resealable plastic bag; trim corner and squeeze filling evenly into crusts. Trim corner of caramel-filled bag; drizzle caramel sauce over cups.
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 mousse cup): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g
Cook's Tips: Use the cleaning tool from the Garlic Press to easily loosen crusts from the pan.
Don't worry if there are crust crumbs left over in the pan after removing the crusts. Put them to use! You can sprinkle the crumbs right over the tops of the finished mousse cups for a playful garnish.
To easily fill plastic bags for piping, stand Measure-All® Cup upright. Place bag into cup and fold over edges. Spoon mixture into bag; remove bag from cup and secure bag with a Twixit! Clip.
Pampered Chef Caramel Sauce works great in this recipe.